Friday, March 4, 2011

Work Report

My first story was featured barrel racing at McNail arena in Lebanon, Missouri. I followed a rider, Megan Wehmeyer, 17 who has been racing for nine years. In 2009, she won a National Division one rank with the twentieth fastest time. She got third this week, which was still very good.

I am burning to get back to shooting with Megan. She will be at Boone county fair racing again, so I want to get these images before the race so I can say that it is coming up giving it another news worthy quality.

I believe that I did a great job capturing the action, which was my biggest fear, but I was very disappointed in my lack of a strong portrait. When shooting a new event for the first time, and being limited to shooting only 300 frames I tended to work on getting my action shots and I didn't get a very strong portrait that would rise up to the other images in the story.

I plan on going back and taking a few images of her interacting with her horses that way I can fill that gap and feel better about my work.

In the post production I thought that I had a strong take, but I was surprised to see some of the changes we had made to the order in class and I really liked the way the images began to work together to form that third effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment