Friday, April 1, 2011

EPJ final Project Friday update!

I have recontacted Roxie at Rock Bridge Memorial State Park and I have learned that in April they will lead a class of 8th graders into Conner's cave inside the park. On May 1,2, 3 they will be taking a group of cub-scouts into the same cave giving them information about the cave and the dreaded white nose syndrome. Presently they are not sure if they will have open cave tours due to the spread of white nose syndrome, but they will know within the next two weeks. It is a fungus that will grow on the bats nose and wings and will waken them during their normal hibernation period. This will cause them to use their fats reserves and could lead to death. It has wiped out many bat populations in the east and it is slowly moving west due to humans, and bats.

I will be contacting the groups to ensure that I will have permission to use the images, and I have setup a meeting with Roxie to gather some audio for the project.

I am excited in moving forward to show the wonderful cave in this area, and I hope to inform others about the spread of white-nose syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment